Title: Truck Driver
Location: Massillon, OH
Efficient transport of a wide range of items to or from customers in a manner that meets customer requirements. Be responsible for reporting any damages.
1. Transport and deliver goods in accordance with a schedule, including emergency, rush deliveries or pickups that require overtime. Minimum Class B CDL preferred.
2. Verify count and condition of transported items, reporting any damage as applicable.
3. Assist in loading and unloading freight as required.
4. Assist in other departments within the organization when not driving.
5. Must be able to go into and out of truck cabs, lift up to 50 pounds, load and unload items up to 50 pounds.
1. Performs other duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as may be required to meet emergency situations.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
2. Maintain a good driving record.
3. Operate truck in a safe manner.
4. Comply with all Department of Transportation (DOT) standards and regulations. Class B CDL preferred.
5. Report any vehicle problems or defects to supervisor immediately.
6. Maintain vehicles in a manner that projects positive company image to customers and the general public.
7. Computer skills including the ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications.
1. High school diploma.
2. Valid Ohio driver’s license.
3. Excellent attention to detail.
4. Prior experience in shipping and receiving.
5. Mechanical aptitude.
1. Must work well in a team environment and be able to work with a diverse group of people.
2. Ability to deal with customers effectively and promote strong company image.
3. Ensure good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and by acting in a courteous and professional manner.
Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen, and when applicable if duties involve operating motor vehicle must be able to pass motor vehicle record check.
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2019 fiscal year ending September 30, 2019 IES produced over $1.1 billion in revenue and employed over 5000 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company’s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work